Make a career in Marketing & Digital media – Apply for PGDM
The PGDM course has an advanced curriculum and offers specialization in the field chosen. The PGDM course in marketing and digital media trains the candidates to develop analytical abilities and skills required for marketing so that the candidates can develop digital marketing strategies. The course helps to launch corporate careers.
Due to digital media marketing many businesses are doing business online. It helps to create brand awareness and it’s product or service presence through the various digital platforms. To learn digital marketing you can do a course in it. The course trains the candidates with the latest skills so that they can find the latest career opportunities.
The PGDM course offers higher knowledge in the field and the candidates completing this course can become specialists in the field. The PGDM benefits are that the curriculum is industry relevant and so it is highly valued by the industry.
PGDM course highlights
The PGDM course highlights are as follows:
• The course includes a dedicated digital marketing course by industry experts.
• The course offers assistance to the candidates doing the certification courses like Google certifications.
• The course includes a 5-month industry internship where the candidates work on real world projects aided by the faculty in top companies. They get to learn directly from the industry.
• The candidates have to take part in a 2-month NGO project. The candidates are taught corporate social responsibility.
• The PGDM is a two-year full-time course. The candidates can find placements easily as many companies visit the campus in the final year.
The candidates completing this course can find placements in the areas of sales, marketing management, research, IT firms, banking, FMCG, insurance companies, real estate and digital media.
Eligibility and admission process
The eligibility for the course is graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the final year. The candidates have to qualify in any of the MBA entrance tests CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, state CET tests and NMAT by GMAC wherever applicable as per the AICTE guidelines.
The candidates have to clear the admission process. They have to fill the application form. Shortlisted candidates are called for a micro presentation personal interview round. Once successful the candidates are offered the admission.
There are many benefits of doing the PGDM course. They are as follows:
• The course begins with a Foundation course where basic subjects are taught. The candidates coming from different streams can catch up easily.
• The specialization subjects are taught from the first year. This gives the faculty enough time to teach the specialization subjects as so the knowledge gained by the candidates is vast. The candidates can become specialists in the field.
• The course teaches what the industry needs today. The syllabus is updated according to the latest industry trends by the faculty and the industry experts. This gives the candidates a competitive edge in the final placements.
The author is a blogger and writes about the various specialization courses offered. Currently the author has discussed the marketing & digital media course and PGDM benefits. For details visit itm.edu.