Some Astonishingly Simple Ways to Modernize Your Existing Kitchen with Cherry Cabinets
Which acts as an eternal addition to the home renovation project. With timeless style and various selection options, you just won’t go wrong with these Cherry cabinets for the kitchen.
Cherry kitchen cabinets have been preferred for all types of kitchen – be it rustic, contemporary or traditional, for years. Cherry wood is popular for its exclusive aging process and warm color varieties. Since the cabinets have been around for many years, some homeowners are skeptical about whether they are going to be outdated. But this is a wrong notion. The cabinets will be there in the kitchens for many more years.
Tips to upgrading cherry cabinets to give them a new look
Still, if you think that your cherry cabinets are out of style, find out ways to fix the units in your kitchen. And here are some tips that you can follow.
- White countertops – These countertops are able to transform your drab and dark kitchen promptly into a modern one. With the bright and stunning look, white worktops appear to be amazing while paired with any color variation of cherry.
- Light backsplash – If the combination of cherry kitchen cabinets and white countertops doesn’t look bright enough, the right way to upgrade the look is to replace your present backsplash with affordable light-colored subway tiles. You can choose white tiles as well. While paired with a neutral or white backsplash, cherry cabinets will stand out more of the statement within your old kitchen. This subway tile doesn’t burn a hole in the pocket. The tiles can coexist righty with cherry cabinets.
- New hardware and appliances – Do you have old, outdated appliances with old cherry cabinetry? If so, fix the dull cabinets by replacing the appliances with new pieces. They will make your own style statement that won’t let your eyes draw away from the kitchen. This combination will give your kitchen a modern and fresh appearance. As you get new appliances, add new hardware to the units as well to add elegance and modernity to the units. With new appliances and hardware, the cabinets will have a brand-new look irrespective of their actual age.
- White uppers – Two-toned cabinets are very much in vogue. If the kitchen has cherry lower cabinets, add white upper units to give the kitchen a brand-new look. Of course, you need to pair the decoration with bright yet light worktops, hardware, and backsplash.
- Right color – Talking about the colors beforehand is a must as it comes to renovating your existing kitchen with cherry cabinets. Choose complimentary hardware, countertop, backsplash, and floor. Now it’s time to choose the right color variation of cherry. Decide how dark the cabinets should be for your kitchen. Cherry wood is available in dark, light, and medium color shades. For small kitchens, beige, white, and pastel colors will create the illusion of more space. For dark-toned cabinets, add bright colors. Beige or white worktops and backsplash would be a good choice for cherry kitchen units. For adding a contract to the reddish undertone of cherry wood, choose natural colors. You may consider variations of grey, green and brown to let the red pop. For better output, you may paint the wall with the same color. Though a bit unusual, green subway backsplash along with light green wall paint goes great with cherry cabinets.
- Shaker units – Shaker kitchen cabinets are popular for their sleek and contemporary look. Cherry shaker cabinets maintain a fresh look for the kitchen. Add a grey backsplash, modern hardware, and white countertops to complement the shaker cabinets.
These are a few tips following which you can provide your old cherry cabinets a new look.